Monday, August 6, 2012

MEETING THE WEEKLEYS

I had the great pleasure of meeting David and Deborah Weekley in person, when they stopped by Madison on their way from Portland to Boston (quite a road trip!). They were such wonderful, friendly people, I really felt like I already knew them. We had curry and I introduced David to Spotted Cow. :)

Full disclosure: I'm wearing jorts in this picture. I cropped them out.

David presented me with a signed copy of his book, which is on sale HERE. As always, I am recommending this book to anybody with an interest in biographies, transgender issues, LGBT rights in general, religion, and the intersections between them; regardless of your own personal beliefs. I have a lot of friends who are atheists and agnostics, so I really want to press this: as a non-religious person myself, I found it completely accessible, and a terrific read. It is a beautifully written personal telling of David's journey as a transgender man and a minister in the United Methodist Church, we all have a lot to learn from David and Deborah, and I am beyond thankful that I got to work with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are moderated.